Did you think you’ll be searching for the pros and cons of doing a first look for your wedding? A first look is when your groom/bride sees you in your wedding dress for the first time. Right now, 50% of couples do a first look since its such a hot trend. But the emotions that happen when you see your partner walking down the aisle for the first time priceless. As your wedding gets closer, you’re probably wondering if this is the right thing for you or not. Here are some pros and cons of having a first look, and scroll to the bottom to see the ultimate first look I 100000% recommend, even if you don’t want to see your partner before the ceremony.
First Look Pros:
- 1. You both get to ugly cry alone
- 2. Its more intimate and special
- 3. you save time by taking photos together right after
- 4. It calms your nerves before the ceremony
- 5. You won’t miss cocktail hour because you’ll have photos already of you two
- 6. Your photographer will be able to capture true raw emotions
- 7. It’s not traditional which some couples love
- 1. You might lose that crying moment at the altar
- 2. It might be awkward since your photographer/videographer will be there too
- 3. You’ll have to be ready way earlier
- 4. It takes away from the altar first look
- 5. It’s not traditional which some couples love and others don’t love lol
The first look you should include in your wedding, whether you want to see your partner before the ceremony or not
Groom and bride first look before the ceremony could be in your to-do list, or not, but the first look I always recommend is the mother/father-daughter first look! Your father is usually the first one to see you walk down the aisle anyway, and they say a dad is a girls’ first love so why not capture his emotion when he first sees you in your dress. This is the most sentimental and happiest moments for you and your daddy and I believe you should take time to get this private moment, whether you op in for a groom/bride first look or not. Mother/daughter first looks are just as special too. Something about seeing you’re “baby” in a wedding dress makes them realize their baby is not so much of a baby anymore.
Here’s some of the best daughter and father/mother first looks collected online that will make you want to add them to your wedding timeline.