You gotta stop stressing over this! Ahhhhhh, the joys of planning a wedding. Its so fun and filled with great times and won- ok, who are we kidding? Wedding planning is fun but can also get a little overwhelming. It’s not just planning a wedding that we are doing here, we are planning dates for dress shopping, planning bridal showers, making budgets, googling until our eyes fall out, and trying to keep your sanity while playing it cool. trust me, I’ve been there. I’m not a wife but planning your best friend’s wedding is almost the same thing. Almost, and it’s not even close to the bride’s stress.
but your wedding day doesn’t have to be stressful. The reason why we kill ourselves planning the perfect wedding is to relax on our wedding day, right? say yes.
So I’m going to tell you 4 things you need to STOP stressing about on your wedding day (and how to avoid the stress from even happening).
- The Decoration– You picked the colors, the dresses, pretty much everything that was Pinterest worthy. But will it look as amazing on your wedding day as you imagined? It will if you have a wedding planner and coordinator to take care of all of that. I always recommend my brides to hire a planner/coordinator for their wedding. WHY? because the last thing you need is to be putting your makeup on and stressing about your brother being late when he and your dad were supposed to start decoring the wedding tables. You already worked hard. You picked out all the decorations and planned all the dates up to this point. Why walk around like a chicken with its head cut off on your special day? Let the planners do it! a good planner will have a team of people that will decorate and make sure everything runs smoothly. they will make sure your place settings, table arrangements or seating chart are correct. They will make sure no one steps into the reception area without permission. They will make sure shit gets cleaned up when you leave.
- Wedding Drama – The most worrisome part of your wedding is having people mad at each other. The most important thing to do is remain united. talk to your family beforehand about how important this day is. ask them to set some differences aside for a day. Talk to your wedding planner about keeping certain family separate for the guest sitting. the most important thing to remember is that it’s your wedding. If you’ve talked to them before and they don’t want to make peace for the most important day of your life, it’s your call whether to invite them or not. Talk to your photographer in advance about the situation and let them know about any family drama that could occur. Mother and father don’t get along? It’s probably a good idea not to have them both come up for family formals at the same time. If your planner and photographer are on the same page, issues could be easily avoided.
- The Weather– Here’s the truth. We can’t control the weather. If mother nature wants to cry and drop a little rain on your special day, that’s fine! The weather isn’t going to change just because you’re upset about it, so let’s make the most of it! Rain shots look AMAZING anyways, and a good photographer will know how to take photos in any situation thrown their way. I come prepared with umbrellas and raincoats, mmmmk? nothing is stopping us at your wedding!! If you live in an area where it rains a lot, I would check with your venue to see if the reception could be done inside, just in case. remember that, in the end, its all about spending time with family and marrying the love of your life. and a little rain can’t stop you from saying ‘I do”
- Photography – will there be enough photos of everyone? will my uncle that came from Canada be photographed? what if the photographers miss something?!” I know, I know. a lot of these questions are running through your head, especially when you’re trying to find the right photographer. It’s not picking one since photography is a SUPER important part of your wedding day. Your images are the only thing that will live on about your wedding day, so those have to be perfect. If you choose someone with experience, that knows what they are doing, trust me. You don’t have to worry about photography on your day. a good photographer creates a timeline for you of your wedding day and sends it in advance. A good photographer takes photos of every moment. Did you know that we take almost 400 images per hour? that’s including duplicates, even quadruplets, just to make sure we never miss a shot. It isn’t your job to be on top of your photographer. You’re paying big bucks to have one photographing your memories, so trust them to do that and you enjoy making memories.
- BONUS: because I think its important; worrying about everyone else – “Did my friend have to much to drink?” “why is my mom upset?” “OMG not him! why is he here??” “why didn’t my grandma show up?” I’ve seen and heard it all but the truth is, you need to stop worrying about other people on your wedding day. This is YOUR day, not theirs. You should be having fun, not babysitting your little (big) sister or worrying about your best friend getting too wasted. If this issue is something you worry about because it’s a natural behavior, I suggest talking to them about your expectation WAYYY BEFORE the wedding and asking them to respect your day.